Monday, July 14, 2014

Let them eat... an eyeball cupcake?

I have an Aurora Wings Showcase project to share with you today.
Mitzi has once again drawn an incredibly lovely, and detailed image.

This time she has re-imagined Marie Antoinette. How fun, right?
Well, you know I can't have anything nice, so it should come as no 
surprise that this is what I did to poor Marie. 

She's still quite a stunner with her undead pallor, 
dontcha think? 

I used Violet hues for her skin tone, making sure to give her
sunken eye sockets and sunken cheeks.

I decided to go all out with her hair color. I chose to use
YGs and BGs in her incredible tresses to provided good
contrast with the adornments in her hair. I used Stickles in Glam Pink
and Crystal, for that bling factor on the beads and feather. 
Marie (alive or dead) was quite a fancy, and elegant woman.  
Fancy = Bling.

I have joined the Tim Holtz masses and finally picked up the weathered clock die.
LOVE it! I chopped this one in half, distressed it with ink, and applied Rock Candy Stickles 
for more ... wait for it, ... BLING

For the final piece de resistance, I couldn't fight the urge to
add a googly eye to the cupcake. Kinda silly, but what else
would you expect from me?
I love the silliness of it in the middle of this very serious card.
Yeah, right. 'Cause an undead Marie is just so serious! Ha!

The dp is from MME Lost and Found Two.
It's aged with TH distress inks and again, I have 
added Stickles, this time in Diamond, to each panel.
More bling is bettah!

Be sure to check out all of the other incredibly fabulous versions
of our sweet Marie at the Aurora Wings Showcase blog.
And if you just want to skip all the hoopla, you can go purchase
your very own Marie Antoinette image here, right now!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Glo, what a joy to have you on my team for your quirky, dark humor that you bring to all your creations! I LOVE your zombie Marie. I adore the little googly eye on the cupcake, too. It's the kind of detail I just love finding in all this blingy prettiness!
    Big hugs,
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeeHeeHee! LOVE her deathly pallor and fabulously sunken cheekbones, Glo! She still is a stunner for sure. Gorgeous coloring and such a fun card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I love Marie and what you did here is fabulous
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool I would have never thought to do her like this! Amazing coloring♥
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on this beautiful image - and although I usually dislike googly eyes, this one is the perfect addition for this quirky piece. I also love the fact that you still made this bright and colourful even though Marie is 'undead'. Great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card! I'll keep an eye out (geddit?) for those cupcakes at my local bakery! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun take on Marie- love the cupcake detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely different take on Marie Antoinette! Love the details you put into the card.
    She's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally awesome. Great thought put into this one. Beautiful coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely LOVE your zombie version of her, awesome coloring and details! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zombie Marie rocks! I love your coloring!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic project! Love the image of course, but your take on it is remarkable! The colours you've chosen and that eye (eawwww) make it so totally different from what I expected... no wait a minute... it is exactly what... I had expected from you. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card,you have done a fab job with her!, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome Glo!! Love the image, love that you made her (un)dead! Love your colouring and embellishing, thanks for adding Sparkle to our challenge this week at LOC! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is amazing! Your coloring is wonderful and I think the eyeball is the perfect addition to the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just creepy lovely wonderful! Your colors are brilliant and gorgeous. Thanks for coming to LOC and see you hopefully next week. Best, Samara DT LOC x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible! You're a very gifted and creative person!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Killer shading and sooo want her hair! Aren't eyeball cupcakes a standard?? hehehee, wonderful layers and great vintage feel. Love all your little details.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.